I care deeply about our city and all people who live in it. Public service is a privilege and I will humbly and tirelessly work towards achieving a better life for all who live here.
The focus of Local Government must be on the wellbeing of our citizens, the delivery of services to them, and on the sustainable, optimal performance of our city. In my various roles in local government I have led the teams responsible for several successful solutions to some of the City’s most pressing, high profile challenges, such as:
- The rollout of MyCiti, now South Africa’s flagship metro bus service;
- Implementing a turnaround strategy for housing delivery and
- Leading the court case to prevent Sanral from implementing tolling of the City’s highways.
I am confident that I can lead our caucus in a manner that is productive, consultative, focussed on the delivery of the DA mandate and united in its purpose towards that delivery. To achieve this, we must address a number of key challenges:
- Ensure stable local government leadership
- Create a more accessible, engaged public service
- Improve financial and social sustainability
- Deliver job-creating economic growth
- Realize safer communities
- Deliver housing and access to land
- Improve transport
- Plan for a climate-uncertain future